Stain removers aren’t something we look for and buy with pleasure. To the contrary, they are among the most annoying products to look for because we never buy them for a positive reason. The same goes for all the reading, research and thinking we do before the purchase.
So, it is safe to say that you are not happy to be here, but let’s face it – every once in a while we simply need a moss, mold, mildew or algae stain remover.
How do you find the right one, however? The market is filled to the brim with countless different products, all of them have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of customer reviews, and figuring out what to trust and what not to can be an exercise in futility.
So, instead of just picking one at random or going for the most stars on Amazon and hoping for the best, we are here to give you an insight into different mold removing products you might want to give a look at.
And today we are reviewing:
Wet and Forget are one of those brands that we are used to associating with cleaning and not thinking about much beyond that. It’s even in their name! Let’s look at their moss, mold, mildew and algae stain remover a little closer, however. The Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover uses a unique combination of biodegradable selective surfactants to treat almost anything that can possibly plague your home’s walls, ceiling, cabinets and more. Moss, mold, mildew and algae are all quite easy to deal with, with this Wet and Forget product.
In fact, as the product claims, most stains and problems are removed with no scrubbing. If the mold you are trying to remove is on an outside wall of your house or garage you might not even need to wash it – a little rain will easily wash away the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover if it has been applied prior to it and rid you of your problem altogether. Inside the house a light rinsing is of course required.
This being said, using the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover indoors is generally ill-advised unless you have taken the necessary precautions. If you don’t have a respirator with a fresh air tank, this Wet and Forget product can be dangerous when inhaled directly, even when diluted. The active ingredient in this product is Benzalkonium Chloride and it is no joke – it’s why this stain remover is so effective.
Wet and Forget also sell a diluted spray option for indoor use, but if you opt to try and dilute this stain remover at home, caution is advisable.
Another safety concern that needs to be addressed is that when using such a product outdoors a lot of people forget about the wind factor. Remember, the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover is highly corrosive, so applying it in windy weather can result in some nasty surprises if it falls on your skin or in your eyes.
You would also be smart to keep your cats, dogs and other pets away from the applied product until it dries. Small kids should be kept away as well.
The bottles of the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover are half a gallon and are in concentrated form. The diluted mixture formula is in a 1 to 5 ratio between the stain remover and water. So, fully diluted this product becomes a 3 gallon mixed solution.
Another thing that’s worth mentioning is that the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover isn’t something that works quickly. Most people are used to dealing with indoor mold in mere seconds and minutes with some scrubbing, but the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover is designed for outdoor use precisely because it is a long-term solution. And that’s a good thing – this product doesn’t just remove an existing mold stain, it completely prevents any mold, moss, algae or mildew from forming in the future.
In fact, if you look at this product’s reviews online, most of its negative reviews come from people that were disappointed that there was no immediate effect and didn’t change their review a month later, when the mold disappeared altogether and indefinitely.
Let’s try and summarize all that in a quick Pros & Cons list:
The Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover is a product of the highest quality – it does its job perfectly and very effectively. It must be understood, however, that it has a very special purpose – it is designed for outdoor use and provides a long-term effect. This means that it takes a while to become effective, and requires exposure to the natural elements. So don’t be deterred by the lack of immediate effect.
And if you want to use this product indoors, make sure to dilute it perfectly, as well as to rinse periodically. Wet and Forget also sell the diluted solution of this Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover that is designed specifically for indoor use.